Sunday, November 7, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
So, it's been awhile. I'm sorry, my bad. It's just...yeah, yeah, I've been busy. NO! It's not you really, it's been... it's just that well, I've had a lot on my mind and every time I feel ready to talk--you're not available. I'm not blaming you. It's just we have to be in person to communicate and that takes time. I even write notes on yellow work post-its about things I want to talk to you about. I do! Really! I shove them in the book I'm reading and then into my purse. Now? Oh, Water For Elephants. Yeah it's good, I recommend it. So anyway, I just want to say I'm sorry. What? Well I guess I can share a little.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Your Mother: Incredible
Your Father: SMART
Favorite Food: Cheese
Dream Last Night: Dunno
Favorite Drink: Sparkly Water
Room You’re In: Living
Where Were You Last Night? Bed
Something You Aren’t: Boring
Wish List Item: Vacations
Where You Grew Up: Minnesota
What Are You Wearing: Obama shirt
Your Pet: Nope
Something You’re Not Wearing: Out
Favorite Store: Macy's (I be lyin')
Favorite Color: Black
Last Time You Laughed: Earlier
Your Best Friend: Strange
Place You Go Over And Over: Target
Person You E-Mail Regularly: Heather
Favorite Place To Eat: Ethiopia
And now I pass it on to Diana (www.loveandthequarterlife.blogspot.com)! You'd BETTER PLAY! :)
What up? I'm back. No excuse for the absence. It is what it is, folks.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Mon, 9 May 2005
Welcome to the Spring 2005 edition of getting to know your friends:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 10:30...damnit (was this a complaint? WTF)
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds, but Im not picky at this point (Ha! The irony)
3. What was the last film you saw at the movies? Meet the Fockers. Yeah its been a while.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Felicity DVD's are my life. British tv sucks!!! But I guess I could deal with Footballer's Wives
5. What did you have for breakfast? Granola w/milk, toasted fruit breadw/peanut butter and a Women's daily (Damnit, I miss that Granola! It was fantastic.)
6. What is your middle name? Christine
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican, DUH! And apparently the British have never heard of this type of food, I can't find a good Chimi ANYWHERE:(
8. What foods do you dislike? I'm not that picky. But I'd have to say Im against the ever-present 'Pork Pies'. Also no olives, wasabi or feta cheese. (Don't worry, I like all of these things now)
9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Honestly? Salt and Vinegar...but I don't eat chips for this reason.
10. Favorite CD at the moment? no particular CD, but I do happen to be loving some old Prince classics. PLEASE check out; 'And God Created Woman' and 'Sweet Baby' by Prince, they'll change your life. (Still True.)
11. What type of car do you drive? I don't even think I REMEMBER how to drive.But technically, my Baby Tuesday -the Big Bad Chevy Blazer (The question can now be, "Do you drive?" answer "Hell-to-the-naw")
12. Favorite sandwich? Turkey Artichoke Panini from Panera. Yup I googled Panera to find its exact title. I'm THAT girl. (Still THAT girl. And I'm glad.)
13. What characteristics do you despise? Dumb people
14. Favorite item of clothing? The brown heaven belt ANDREA stole from me!!! (Fear not, I have it back now. It's actually not that great.)
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? India (And I'm GOING! November 2010! Yay.)
16. What color is your bathroom? actually a cute blue...but I share it with 6 others, therefore cancelling all of the cuteness (SEE! "lol" and "hahaha" and allthat)
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Whatever was a good deal and looks good....maybe something from Topshop. (*cough*MACYS*cough* yeah this statement is still so true)
18. Where would you retire to? Somewhere sunny (Wait!! Waaaaait. I'm not waiting until I retire for THIS to come true. Watch out Cali, I'm gunning for you in 1.5 yrs.)
19. Favorite time of the day? Anytime after class (Yup. Except change "class" to "work". FMJ.)
20. What was your most memorable birthday? Have truly loved them all...but I guess the sweet sixteen was pretty memorable. (Awesomely enough my 21st bday was weeks after I wrote this and it turned out to be one of most memorable to date! I didn't even know! Sigh. How cute)
21. Where were you born? Burnsville, MN. Like across the street from my house, literally.
22 Favorite sport to watch? Football (I be lyin'! I was currently getting over a football player, so I must've been high off that. Basketball. Duh.)
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Kamari and Weez (And they didn't. And they'll probably never read nor comment on this post)
24. Person you expect to send it back first? Leah. (And she did! Ahh Leah, the more highly evolved version of me)
26. Coke or Pepsi? Neither! Sick. Gimme a proper lemonade thank you. (Sparkling Water these days, folks. Poland Springs- Lime. Gimme.)
27. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I'd say I'm at my best between 5pm and 1:45am. (Note the time this post was, for lack of a better word, posted)
28. What is your shoe size? 9, reluctantly. (Ha! I think I picked up some wit from the Brits)
29. Do you have any pets? No.
30. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with your family & friends? I'm NEVER coming back.
31. What did you want to be when you were little? A doctor. Stupid kid.
#30 and 31 are go-without-saying f*ing hilarious. To me only, I'm sure. Ahh well, I tried to make you laugh. Sorry if I failed.
But I DOUBT it ;)
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Last night my amazing sister hosted the "Haiti Vive Benefit" party at Shebeen, and I'm just so dog-gone proud! She organized it with one of her homies on their own accord. The place is adorable (202 Mott St & Spring Soho) providing us with an intimate feeling at a obviously stoic, (but still mad fun!!) topical event. The room was jussst big enough for her to accommodate to all the favorite people we've met along the way. The DJs were awesome, spinning Haitian classics and eclectic soul sounds, and the bartender/really good friend of the crew was putting her FOOT in the drinks. I swear I had a sparkling water from her and it was the best to date! I seriously don't know how she did it...but it could've been me, considering by the time I had a drink I hadn't had one for approximately 10 hrs. Can we say parched?!
But seriously, my sister put together a truly beautiful, loving event that encouraged donations of money and supplies, rather than requiring it. Which I think helped us raise even more and made people feel at ease when they walked in the door. When I was on door duty, and I told guest there wasn't a cover and asked them to give what they could, their eyes seemed to doe and fawn. Pupils dilated and 'erething. It was cute. Thanks for what you gave people! We've all given so much, but can still give so much MORE*. We have got to continue to remember for the days, weeks, months and years to come that Haiti is still building and trying to recover from the terrible earthquake. So on the first day you forget about it (because as people in a cushy America, it's inevitable) and the day after when you think about it again...GIVE SOMETHING.
SO great to see all of my favorite people all in one spot, in one night and with open hearts and clear minds. Nobody was buying bottles, taking rapid shots or on the prowl, too distracted by new meat to socialize and interact. What a blessing!
Thanks Drea for all you've done. You're amazing. Plain and simple. Love you sister.
*You can give at BrooklynNight! At the top right of this blog there's a link to the Red Cross. Why not now?
PS-(in a quivering, soft and ashy-sounding voice) "My feet are Stttrroonnng"
Well hello. Yes, it's me in the 7AM hour! Shock of my life too, trust me. Today feels like the first day. Of school? Maybe. Of Work? Definite possibility. Of the New Year? Should've felt this way. Of the rest of my life? Most likely. A bit extreme or corny you might be thinking. But why ELSE would I be up blogging this early!? It feels like I'm on the brink of something big and so now I'm awake, anxiously awaiting the day...to go to work. Nothing more than that right now...the same but totally different. Why? I'm finally ready, willing and able to speak about change and ACT upon "FMJ"! Again, it DOESN'T have to be FMJ. It can be HFMJ (High Five My Job) or even LMJ (Love My Job) :) Working on it today more than ever...
Let's get 'em!
Monday, January 11, 2010
We've all heard the "clever" outpouring of complaints forced upon us by even the most seemingly innocent Facebook friend. From your third grade teacher, who your mom made you accept as a friend, to your closest bff, you've heard it all; OMG, WTF, FML, SMH, LMFAO, LMAO, LOL, blah blah f-ing blah. Well 'eff it. I'm joining the cool- kids- crew and starting my own. And here it is, introducing:
FMJ (Fuck My Job)
You know it sucks, why not have a catchphrase for it?! How many hours in your work week do you spend thinking this? 5, 10 hrs? More? I can certainly say more than 10, and now I have a way of letting ALL my Facebook friends, Hell the WHOLE WORLD, know how much I dislike my stinking job.
But SHOULD I be doing this? NO. I SHOULD be trying to fix this minor (major) detail (plot) of my life (existence) into something more meaningful (figure out my life's goals and aspirations). Why is it that we've started to accept that are jobs suck? Do we have to hate our jobs? Is that in the grown-ups manual or something? I must've skipped that part, searching for the sections on drinking and doing whatever I want. Let's return to the time where you learned a trade, say milling or cobbling, and you were that! You lived, studied and changed your damn NAME to that. How many Millers do you know? A handful in your life, at least! Now, how would I look changing my damn name to Tracy Associate Planner in Fine Jewelry? Crazy, I know. And I want to be defined by something I'm passionate about...and that 'aint it. So I have to find my "thing" folks, gotta find it...
Feel free to use FMJ as needed, I know you want to.
I heard this clever gem in a new Robin Thicke song:
"Just like the ocean makes the pearl, pressure builds diamonds"
This must be why I work in Fine Jewelry, in PEARLS no less. The pressure of this crazy city, dating, learning, adjusting, moving and shaking, working and trying to figure it all out is building a diamond. Bueno!
Then why do I feel like I'm cracking? Does that mean I'm CZ*?!?!?!
*CZ as in Cubic Zirconia not Ceska Zbrojovka guns weirdos.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Well hello. There's so much to catch up on, I feel like writing nothing. Does that make sense?! Here's my chance to finally use this analogy, it's like going into Urban Outfitters* and seeing alll the fly stuff you want everywhere. You want to touch it all, discuss it all, BUY it all! But you can't. Impossible. So you buy nothing. I mean, who the hell wants only one thing in a cornucopia of awesomeness? Nobody, that's who. However to move things along here, I will just provide a few random topics that have been on my mind, in no particular order:
1. School Daze was watched approximately 5 times over the past week. This movie is incredible, bunk the critics. It's beautiful, raw, real and has songs that will echo in your skull through the most boring work meeting. "This was your LAST test and you FAILED!!" Damn Julian! You so meaaaann.
2. Having a pajama jam=the best idea ever. I wore my new cheetah print Snuggie and with little to no shame, I'll say it was a HIT! Literally wore it like an evening gown, with a belt to cinch my waist, and came out like Ali. Straight GOAT. I know. I know.
3. Little known fact about me: since about 1990 I have periodically experienced a weird ache in my belly button. I remember quite clearly the first time it happened, I told 1st grade teacher Mrs. Gerry my belly-button was hurting and she took me out into the hallway to talk about it, "OK, I'll bite. What the hell, it's been a long day" is what she was probably thinking. So I explained that it was hurting, but she just didn't believe it. She tried to convince me it was my "tummy" that was hurting, with me all of 6 looking at her cock-eyed not yet knowing how express the phrase "Naw lady, it's my belly-button for sure! Don't be condescending and get me to the doctor, ho!". I've often joked that Dr. Wynn (the family friend Doc who delivered me and later came out of the closet to the shock of all) messed up the belly button knot at my birth, causing this lifelong, unnecessary pain. And now I know I was RIGHT! That weirdo straight messed it up! It's a called a Paraumbilical Hernias. Mystery solved.
4. State your purpose. If you come at me for any reason...seriously state your purpose. Don't waste my time with idle communication that barely requires response. State your MF purpose. What do you want from me? This has happened a lot lately and I'm starting to get creeped out by it.
See, I told you it would be random. Was it worth it? ;)
*Used as an example only, you may insert your favorite store here.